Music, Creative Entertainment
The Satellites are Australia's favourite rockin' combo. They have dominated the best Australian Rockabilly Band Awards over the last 10 years. The Satellites live act is a show in its own right. Their performance is exceptional, with stage antics and an exuberant spontaneity that makes their act an unforgettable experience. Wild, cool and crazy. An enthusiastic bunch of talented musicians and songwriters dedicated to REAL rock music.
The bands musical influences stem from all forms of roots music, including Country, Rhythm & Blues, Jazz, Swing, Western Swing, Rock & Roll, and of course Rockabilly, adding their own unique flavour to come up with the rockin'est combo Adelaide has seen for years.
The Satellites formed in '94 and have performed all over this land leaving a trail of dedicated fans from Brisbane to Adelaide and beyond.
The band have performed at some of the biggest rockin' music festivals around, including performances in the USA, Sweden, Finland, Norway & the UK. The Satellites have also performed at The Big Day Out in Australia and the St. Kilda Festival in Melbourne - being the world's biggest free outdoor music Festival with crowds topping 400,000.
Since releasing their debut CD "Bop Tonight" in May 1998, the band has gained a huge interest from both interstate and overseas, including sales to the UK, Germany, USA, Finland, France and The Netherlands. The Satellites have toured frequently throughout Australia, where they have played alongside some real rockin' legends such as Ronnie Dawson, Johnny Johnson, and Little Charlie & The Night Cats. The Satellites have performed on television also on Channel 7 in Adelaide. In their home town of Adelaide things are going from strength to strength, including a performance at the Fringe Festival where they played at the opening night concert. The streets were packed with thousands of people and The Satellites rocked in their usual style.
The Satellites tour regularly throughout Australia at major festivals and events including performances at:
- Day On The Green - NSW, VIC, SA (2006)
- Adelaide Cabaret Festival (2005, 2007, 2009, 2010)
- Bridgetown Blues Festival – Perth (2003)
- Kustom Kulture Weekend – Adelaide (2003, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 11)
- Vintage Blues Festival – Esperence WA (2004)
- Blue Mountains Music Festival (2002)
- Adelaide Fringe Festival (2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Viva Las Vegas Festival – USA (2001) [world tour]
- Hemsby Festival – UK (2001) [world tour]
- Rock N Roll Jamboree – Finland (2001) [world tour]
- Queenscliff Music Festival – Melbourne, VIC (Nov 2001, 2003)
- Music Business Adelaide - Adelaide, SA (Nov 2001, 2002)
- Hootenany – Sydney (2001)
- St Kilda Music Festival – Melb, VIC (Feb 2001)
- Victor Harbour Folk Festival – Adelaide, SA (Sep 2001)
- Greazefest - Redcliffe, QLD (Aug 2001, 2009)
- Wintersun Festival – Coolangatta, QLD (97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09)
- Big Day Out Festival – Adelaide, SA (2001)
- Narooma International Rockabilly & Blues Festival – NSW (99, 2003)
Their other career highlights include:
- Support act for The Stray Cats – Adelaide (2009)
- Backing band for Wanda Jackson - Adelaide (2010)
- Australian tour with Chris Isaak, Ross Wilson & Richard Clapton (2006)
- International tour in 2001 (USA, Norway, Sweden, Finland & UK)
- Awards include “Best Performing Band” & Best Australian Rockabilly Band” – Wintersun Festival
- Songs used in television commercials & television series on Channel 10 & performed live on Channel 7 in Adelaide
- Backed Darrel Higham on Australian tour in 2003
- Song “Whole Lotta Livin” used in national K-Mart advertising campaign.
The Satellites have also performed with high profile acts including Chris Isaak, The Stray Cats, Ross Wilson, Richard Clapton, Big Sandy, John Butler Trio, Slim Jim (ex Stray Cats) Marti Brom, Chain, Royal Crown Review, The Fireballs, Jack Scott, John Spencer Blues Explosion, Teddy Morgan, Johnny Johnson, The Horror Pops, The Go Getters, Darrel Higham, Vanessa Amorosi, Little Charlie & the Night Cats, Sleepy La Beef, Wayne Hancock, The Atlantics, Lobby Lloyd, Wanda Jackson, Marvin Rainwater, Janice Martin and many more.
The Satellites have released 6 albums & two EP’s. Their Latest release is "Wrong Move" – Planet X Records 2009.
- 1998 Bop Tonight - Planet X Records
- 2000 Go Man Go - Planet X Records
- 2001 Satellites – Live ~ Planet X Records
- 2002 Come Saturday - Planet X Records
- 2003 JUMP - Planet X Records
- 2005 PRESTON 29-04-05 Planet X Records
- 2007 RADIO-ACTIVE HITS – Planet X Records
- 2009 WRONG MOVE – Planet X Records
With a successful world tour under their belts, The Satellites never rest.
If you are looking for a combination of incredible musicians, incredible energy and an incredible show, then look no further than The Satellites.
"The Satellites, truly went off big time. Playing good time 50's Rockabilly, they had the look, the songs, the twangy vocal accents and above all the energy to make it all very convincing and leaving the crowd literally hungry for more. Brilliant!"
dB magazine: Big Day Out Review, Issue #2437- 20/2/01