Music, Creative Entertainment
Catherine Campbell is a highly talented actor, singer and director. Fantastic as a cabaret singer with piano accompaniment for any event or function.
Catherine studied Cabaret at Yale Drama School and is regarded as one of Adelaide’s best cabaret singers, touring nationally and internationally throughout her career. She has performed in a number of productions including The Mikado (AFCT), Northern Lights/Southern Cross (Tutti/Interact USA), Take Flight, Songs For A New World and Wild Party (for the Adelaide Cabaret Festival) and Les Miserables with Normie Rowe (MS Society).
Catherine starred in and co-wrote Frank Ford’s MY BLUE ANGEL: Marlene Dietrich (New York, Melbourne, Adelaide Cabaret Festival, Barossa Music Festival) and also starred in Frank Ford’s Secret Love. Catherine is a founder of the comedy/cabaret show Gentlemen Prefer Curves (which has continually sold at The Famous Spiegeltent, Adelaide Cabaret Festivals and The Melbourne Comedy Festival) and she is the co-creator of the award-winning cult show Berlin Cabaret, in which she also plays ‘Greta’.
As an actor, Catherine has appeared for Chop’t Logic, Come Out, State Theatre Co, and Bakehouse. As a Director, Catherine has worked with Tutti Ensemble (Mouth Music, Blind Date), and as Assistant Director on The Elixir Of Love (State Opera of SA) and Assassins (Flying Penguins/AFCT).
- Northern Lights Southern Cross (Bundaleer Forest Weekend; 2007 Adelaide Fringe).
- The Mikado (AFCT).
- Cabaret Festival: A Wild Evening With Andrew Lippa; Maltby and Shire’s Take Flight, Jason Robert Brown’s Songs For A New World
- Other: The Witch in Into The Woods (SA Premiere), Madame Thenadier in Les Miserables, The Beggar Woman in Sweeney Todd and The Fairy Queen in Lolanthe.
- MYBLUE ANGEL: Marlene Dietrich (co-written with Frank Ford): New York at Don’t Tell Mama; 2004 Adelaide Cabaret Festival, Out Of The Square, Barossa International Music Festival, Midsumma Melbourne, Country South Australia Touring and FEAST Adelaide.
- Gentlemen Prefer Curves: 4 Adelaide Cabaret Festivals, two Adelaide Fringes (Advertiser Award for Excellence); Melbourne Comedy Festival.
- Secret Love – Frank Ford, Director (Adelaide Fringe, Cabaret Festival, Midsumma Melbourne, Feast).
- Berlin Cabaret - created the role of Greta (Light Year Award for Best Cabaret).
- Other shows: Around The World in 80 Bars ; Catherine’s Cabaret Variety Hour (2007 and 2006 Adelaide Fringe)
- Chop’t Logic’s The Most Massive Woman Wins (Come Out), and The Bruised Hearts Travelling Freak Show; Goneril in King Lear, Kristina Linde in A Doll’s House, Eunice in A Streetcar Named Desire, Equus (State Theatre Company), Sylvie in Sisters.
- Director of Blind Date (and co-writer) (Adelaide Fringe 2008)
- Assistant Director of Assassins (Flying Penguins/In Space 2007), The Elixir of Love (State Opera of SA, 2007)